Volunteering is a key way in which our clients can get into the mind-set of working. There are loads of reasons why volunteering is beneficial both for the organisations they volunteer for and our clients too.
Firstly, it benefits the wellbeing of a client. Through volunteering there are brilliant outcomes such as
- Making a difference to the lives of others
- Feeling valued and part of a team
- Gaining confidence and self-esteem
- Meeting new people and making friends
It is also a great way to improve job prospects for clients. This is done through
- Gaining new skills, knowledge and experience
- Developing existing skills and knowledge
- Enhancing a CV
Currently we have a broad range of charities and voluntary groups that our clients volunteer with. An example though is Danielle – she has started volunteering at the British Heart Foundation charity shop at the Broadmarsh Centre in Nottingham (See the picture, above!) Having started just a few weeks ago she’s thoroughly enjoyed the challenge of volunteering and we look forward to her continuing her placement at the shop.